Slots Hints and Tips
Slot machines are everywhere, offering hours upon hours of gambling excitement and the thrill of huge jackpots! And believe it or not, there is a smart way to play slot machines. Use these slot machine tips to get the most from your slot play.
- Pay attention to the payouts - Every slot machine has a different pay table. Even if two machines look identical, one machine may pay a jackpot of 2,000 credits and another 15,000 credits. Chances are, the odds against making the 15,000 credits is higher than making 2,000 credits, but you should be aware of the maximum you can win on your machine. Do not play a slot machine on which you do not understand the pay table.
- Ignore the idea of "hot" or "due" machines - It is absolutely impossible for a slot machine to be "hot" or "due" for a jackpot, just as it is for a machine to be on a roll. The machines are randomized every spin.
- Avoid tight machines - While there is no such thing as a "due" machine, loose machines and tight machines are realities. Typically, the higher the slot denomination ($0.25, $1, $5 etc.), the looser the machine, and the more money it is programmed to pay back for every dollar in. Finding loose machines is possible, as casinos tend to place them in high visibility areas where lots of patrons will see other players win.
- Always get points - If you are not a member of your casinos players club, why not? Have your card inserted into your slot machine for every spin, as you will earn valuable points for each dollar of play. Some casinos even give some of these points back as cash, making your gambling dollar stretch even further!
- Always play max credits - I know it is a bit deceiving that it's called a "penny" slot when you can bet $2.00 at a time. But you really need to be prepared to bet the maximum, whether it is three quarters or 200 pennies, because most machines only pay bonuses and progressive jackpots when the maximum credits were bet. Even on non-progressive machines, the jackpot payout for the maximum credit bet is typically disproportionably higher than on any other level.
- Avoid multiple-payline slots - Though playing multiple-payline slot machines makes it seem like you have better chances, you're actually increasing the odds against you drastically. You have to pay more to play these machines and the payouts aren't as good as on single line machines.
- Play with coins - Playing with coins rather than feeding bills into the machine will extend the time of your play.
- Play the highest denomination possible - Play the highest denomination slot that you can afford, as these machines almost universally pay back at a higher percentage.
- Beware the taxman - Any large gambling win brings tax implications. Recognize, however, that the casino will give you a form with your winnings if the casino is going to report your win to the tax authorities. Otherwise, the secret of your win is safe!
- Try the machine next to you - According to industry insiders, casinos almost never place two loose machines next to each other, meaning if you're on a tight machine that's not paying much there's a good chance a loose one is nearby.
If you've found our Slot Machine Tips useful then check out our other casino slots articles below: